Saturday, February 27, 2010

Where Do I Start?

wow! what a week this has been. i don't even know where to begin. praising God is where i need to begin! He has been so awesome and faithful to us this week. it has been amazing to see Him at work in so many ways. wyatt's prayer warriors on facebook numbers over 700 people worldwide right now! i never imagined when i started that group 1 week ago today that it would take off like it did...i just wanted people praying for wyatt. and as i read back over that sentence...i think this has been one of the longest weeks of my life...i can't believe that was just a week ago!

how have we seen God at work? let's see....
>healing wyatt's runny nose and keeping wyatt healthy for surgery
>safety for our many peeps travelling to atlanta
>family and friends to take care of our older kids
>supportive family and friends, including our church family
>great medical and support staff at children's healthcare of atlanta-egleston
>excellent surgeon and anesthesiologist
>bringing wyatt safely through surgery and anesthesia, even with adverse reaction to antibiobic...it was apparently a very bad reaction...
>awesome nursing care!
>ronald mcdonald house
>breastfeeding advocates
>wyatt successfully removed from ventilator; chest tubes and central lines
>over 700 members in wyatt's prayer warriors; in addition to the numerous other friends, family and churches who are praying!!!!
>fb friends who i've never met who feel like family because they love and care for me and my family
>so many other ways....

anyway, i just wanted to reflect on God's hand at work....right now, as wyatt is resting in his cardiac step down room! i have so very much to be thankful for...
GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME; ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD!

2 comments:

  1. I prayed that God would be glorified through all of this. As I can see...HE has been. You have given such a testimony by your steadfastness. Blessings to you my friend! To God be the glory forever and ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny I am smiling for you all from here. Thank you God for walking with Wyatt and keeping him and all of you safe. I am sorry that I have disappeared a little from FB; I am filled with daily chores and things that keep me off but you are not far from my thoughts and always in my prayers. I have to tell you that when you wrote about Wyatt continuing to nurse and how they let you two bond and not insist on weaning him, I was in tears. :)

    Know that you are all very loved and we praise God for His grace and love.

    So happy!

    ReplyDelete