Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thankful for God's Word

today i am thankful for God's Word.....the Bible.  i believe that every word in the Bible is absolutely true, and inspired by God Himself.   being raised in "the Bible belt," most everyone i knew growing up believed the Bible and went to church.   it is amazing to me the number of people who do not believe the Bible or have a personal relationship with Christ.   without that relationship, life would be very scary to me!  

i am thankful that 18 years ago God called me to start a ladies Bible study that is still going....certainly not because of me, but because of the hunger for God's Word that the ladies in our church and community have!   but He has blessed me so much through that ministry.....  i so look forward to ladies Bible study days!   i have always found my very best friends there!   i strongly encourage you that if you are not involved in a Bible study, please find one to join.  they are even available online!    you will be blessed!   it is probably one of the things that i will miss the most when we move next summer.....

i am thankful that no matter what challenges i face, God's Word is constant, always there to encourage and exhort me in my walk with God.   i firmly believe God has plans for each of us!   "for I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." (jeremiah 29:11)    if you don't have a personal relationship with Christ, please leave a comment....i would love to talk to you about Him!   blessings......

No comments:

Post a Comment